2016年4月21日木曜日

ニーナ・シモン (Nina Simone)




Solitaire


Written by King Guion, Carl Nutter, Renee Borek

 Nina Simone - vocals, piano

Bob Mersey - arrangement, conductor

Produced by Hecky Krasnow




収録アルバム
‪Nina Simone
The Amazing Nina Simone
Colpix, 1959

Since you've gone, I spend each lonely night
Dealing out the cards from left to right
And the King of heart is there to remind me
Man, I'm all alone playing solitaire

Love was just another game for two
I see now that's all it's meant to you
And my heart got lost somewhere in the shuffle
So I'm all alone playing solitaire

In each romance, there's an element of chance
A gamble to win or to lose
You play to win, then you find you're playing in a game with no rules
Just made for fools

Now, the joker has a laugh on me
'Cause I played my hand so carelessly
And until you wanna share that old feeling
I'll be dealin' time away with solitaire


Nina Simone (with her daughter Lisa Simone)
February 21, 1933-April 21, 2003 (aged 70)