2017年8月16日水曜日

ジミー・ウェブ (Jimmy Webb)




Almost Alright Again

Written by Jimmy Webb


Produced by Jimmy Bowen & Glen Campbell


収録アルバム
Glen Campbell/Light Years
1988, MCA

Light Years は素晴らしい。
CDは、遠からず復刻されるだろう。



It`s so hard to make a comeback from disaster
It`s so hard to show your heart break   
who`s the master
So few can       
I thought I was quite a man
And I was almost   alright  again

I was almost... alright   and then
You came walking thru the door
Just like every time before....
I couldn`t take it anymore
Just when I was almost   alright  again

It`s so hard to keep your chin up   at the ending
It`s so hard to make your mind up at your mending  
but I began
And I was making brand new plans...


And I was almost    alright...  again
And I was almost... alright   and then...
You came walking thru the door
Just like every time before...

I just couldn`t make it anymore.....
Just when I was almost....   alright   again
Just when I was almost....   alright   again...

Jimmy Webb
August 15, 1946 - (age 71)
Oklahoma, USA

大往生したグレン・キャンベルと、近年。