2013年12月10日火曜日

ロイ・オービソン(Roy Orbison)




(I'm A) Southern Man


Written by Tony Joe White


Monument 1976 single

Producer : Fred Foster



収録アルバム

Roy Orbison/Regeneration
Monument,1977

あとから知ったこと。
BBC Radio 2/ sounds of the 60'sの最後,THREE IN A ROWの3曲は次のとうり,ロイ・オービソン関係だった。

Waylon Jennings/Crying
Del Shannon/Dream Baby
Roy Orbison/Running Scared



Send me a pan of corn bread with some turnip greens on the side 
And if you really want to mess with my head give me anything southern fried 
Give me some faded blue jeans and a pair of old cowboy boots 
and I'm gonna tell you where I come from tell you somethin about my roots 
I'm a southern man, I'm a southern man, 
I'm a southern man, [spoken] I'm a southern man 

Send me a woman to love me with a lot of meat on her bones 
There's something about a big lady I just can't leave em alone 
I'd like to take her down to the river go skinny dippin in the night 
Aint nothin like being with my lady and makin love in the pale moon light 
Cause I'm a southern man, a hah ah 
I'm a southern man, I'm a southern Man, southern man, I'm a southern man 

Give me that soulful music it sure makes me feel so nice 
So I can do the alligator and get it on every Saturday night 
Give me that Southern Comfort, give me Annie Greensprings wine 
Take me on down to the bayou and I'll sure have a real good time 

I'm a southern man
I'm a southern man
I'm a southern man
I'm a southern man...

Roy Orbison
April 23, 1936 - December 6, 1988 (aged 52)