2013年5月16日木曜日

デイヴ・メイスン/Pearly Queen




Pearly Queen


Written by Jim Capaldi, Steve Winwood

    Dave Mason - vocals, electric guitar
    Mark Jordan - piano and keyboard
    Lonnie Turner - bass
    "Dr." Rick Jaeger - drums
    Felix Falcon aka "Flaco" - conga and percussion

Live recording at the Troubadour

Produced by Dave Mason/Tommy LiPuma


収録アルバム

Dave Mason/ Headkeeper
Blue Thumb, 1972


3題目の歌詞をはしょり,1,2題目を繰り返し歌っている。


I bought a sequined suit from a pearly queen
And she could drink more wine than I'd ever seen
She had some gypsies' blood flowing through her feet
And when the time was right she said that I would meet
My destiny

I traveled round the world to find the sun
I couldn't stop myself from having fun
And then one day I met an Indian girl
And she made me forget this troubled world
We're living in

I had a strange dream. In my hair
I saw a pearly queen lying there
And all around her feet flowers bloomed
But they were made of silk and sequins two by two


David Mason (1970)
10 May 1946 - (age 67)