2012年6月19日火曜日

トム・ジョーンズ-1





Once There Was A Time

Written by Peter Callander, Del Monaco

Produced by Peter Sullivan

1966 Decca single (B-side of "Not Responsible")




 カンツォーネの原曲に英詞をつけたもの。当時,シングルのみで発表。


Once there was a time I had a heart but that was once upon a time
Once your love was mine, I used to wake up and the world was fine
But then he came along, his fingers snapped and you were gone
Though he had everything he wanted
He just had to take my love away from me
Yes, once there was a time
I had to watch something I prayed I'd never see
The girl I loved so slowly walk away from me


Tears were bitter then but soon enough I learned to smile again
And now he's tried of you, he left you like I said he'd do
You've looked around and found you're all alone
You think you can come crawling home to me
Oh, once there was a time I'd have forgiven you
But now I can't you see I've learned my lesson
There won't be another time for me






Tom Jones - The London Palladium Show - 1966
Intro by Kate Smith
Tom sings Not Responsible, Once There Was a Time & duets with Kate on It Takes a Worried Man




Birth name Thomas John Woodward
Also known as Tom Jones
Born 7 June 1940 - (age 72)
Treforest, Pontypridd, Wales